Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Groceries Checkout 51 app-Get cash back for buying groceries

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by ema, May 3, 2013.

1. ema

ema Full Member

I don't think this has been shared on this site but I thought it would help-
    Checkout 51 is a grocery app where you upload photos of your receipt and get cash back for the item that's on special that week. i.e. Get $1 cash back when you spend $60 over on groceries or $3 cash back for Maple Leaf Bacon
    **You can then request a cheque once you earn $20
    [​IMG]
    http://www.checkout51.com
    They have an app for both iPhone users and Androids.

2. lumix

lumix Full Member

Nice, but why restrict to phone users? Be nice just to use a computer and upload the receipts... without the use of a phone..

3. ema

ema Full Member

I think it's more out of convenience, since most people have smartphones now and can simply snap a pic of their receipt then upload.

4. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

You can get the Glade Decor Scents for free this week. $2.00 cash back with Checkout 51. On sale for $2 at No Frills. Only two left at the Broadway location. I passed on the deal because in 2-3 months that I've used the app, I've only collected $1 :sad:.

[​IMG]

PS: Whenever I shop at that particular No Frills, I feel bad for the credit card lady offering a box of cookies as a sign up bonus. She asked me three times today and I was wearing clothing that was easy to recognize.

5. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Found a similar app/site called SnapSaves. https://www.snapsaves.com/

Imagine combining SnapSaves + Checkout51 + Coupons on a sale item. :p

6. conniekwy

conniekwy New Member

I just download the 51checkout app. wondering if i purchase from save on, foodoncart or superstore webstie, can i get cash back from this app?