Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Tech Cheapest Ink cartridges ever!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Michael

Michael New Member

I really like printing photos, posters and paste them on the wall. And it do coats me a lot. I keep finding cheap inks with great quality online (don't even think about the original, the price even higher than a new printer!) Finally, i got it! My printer is Brother MFC495, and here's the price i find http://www.123inkcartridges.ca/printer-ink-cartridge/LC61_Value_Pack.html.
    I have been using them for months working great!
    Hopefully, this website could help u guys too!

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I use them too for my Samsung ML-2010, they were cheaper than Monoprice and all the other online stores but I haven't checked in awhile (one cartridge lasts a long time for me). Ebay is sometimes cheaper for cartridges though and almost always cheaper for the toner refill kit.

3. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

4. Michael

Michael New Member

while...even the refill is sometimes really much cheaper than buy a new toner, i don't think that a better. the powder is really unhealthy and could scatter everywhere

by the way, i recieve a coupon for 10% off "123buyink", much cheaper now!!

5. milquetoast

Agreed about the powder, but just get a mask and be careful. Not only do you save money, you decrease the amount of environmental waste from the cartridges when you use the refill kits.

6. Night Of GuardianS

What, ink have powder? What the. And Michael thanks for the 10% off code.

Edit: When I tried to use the code it says Coupon doesn't apply to OEM or ON SALE or Some Low Price products

I guess with the $5 shipping cost it's still a good deal. I don't live close to Richmond and have no car, or else I would choose to pick it up. They charge $6.50/cartridge at Crystal Mall. $45 at Futureshop LMAO.

Ok, I just ordered it from 123inkcartridges. I don't need ink, but since it's on sale then might as well.

7. milquetoast

He's talking about toner for laser printers. It's funny how you took the bus to Richmond but Pt. Roberts is too far :p. They used to a run a free shipping promo if you ordered over $49.

8. michaelt

michaelt Guest

well, actually , they always offer free shipping over $49

9. Henry

Henry Junior Member

Cheapest place I've seen is Costco :D They usually come in packs of 3 either all 3 in black or 2 black and 1 color

10. Night Of GuardianS

I bought my ink on ebay. 4 cartridges for $8.

11. Henry

Henry Junior Member

Wow what printer do you use?

12. Night Of GuardianS

Brother MFC 495CW. A wifi scanner, fax, copier printer. The built in wifi allows me to print wirelessly from anywhere in the house. There's even an app call 'iPrint&scan' that allows me to print wirelessly from my android smartphone.

Maybe you can find ones for your printer on ebay. I searched ebay and display results with nearest distance first. The guy shipped from vancouver.

13. Henry

Henry Junior Member

14. Night Of GuardianS

15. Henry

Henry Junior Member

If my printer breaks down I know what to get now :l HP is way too expensive ): Buying 3 ink cartridges for 80$ is like buying a new printer..

16. max

max New Member

Damn printing companies try to sell cheap printers with half filled cartridges, so that you end up buying more cartridges from them and making them money. The best way is to buy non-OEM cartridges. They usually outperform half-filled original ones

17. GivesBadAdvice

GivesBadAdvice New Member

It's always best to buy OEM ink and toner cartridges because they're guaranteed to work with your printer! You don't want to void your warranty by using aftermarket cartridges. Pay the premium for the real deal and have peace of mind.

Alternatively, you can just buy a new printer each time you run out of ink.