Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Tech Chatr Wireless....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boyvan, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Boyvan

Boyvan Junior Member

What is your experience with Chatr Wireless?

I am thinking of getting Chatr wireless plan for $25. They are cheap....unlimited local calls etc. But just wondering if these plans are too good to be true. Chatr is part of Rogers so reception would be better than Mobilicity & Wind. So why are people not signing up for these plans? What's the catch (if there is one).

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

The catch is with their data plans which are limited and can be more expensive than Robellus. Also, as much vitriol as contracts get, people tend to like sticking with them in order to get the latest phones.

I'm still on the $39 Fido Smart Plan which I'm content with.

3. Boyvan

Boyvan Junior Member

Fair enough. But according to the new regulation that was introduced.....phone companies can/will only charge you in tiers or something like that? Even that rule is complicated and of course phone companies will not explain you in simple terms :-(

4. Boyvan

Boyvan Junior Member

As much as I don't like the big three mainly due to their prices; I recently got an offer from one of the big three for $60 unlimited nation wide calling, 2 gb and unlimited text, video, picture, etc and VM included. I could have gotten much better with either Wind or Moilicity but I need good reception so had no choice but to go with big three.

One of my friend's contract expired and he called his company (big three) to see if they will match the price that he was getting from smaller company. Its funny when my friend mentioned that he is going with a smaller company....his (big three) company let him walk away. They didn't even want to know what he was being offered. But when I called and I said that I am going to another big 3 because I am getting a better deal there.....my company jumped on it right away and the retention dept. rep said that she will not let me walk away to their competition.