Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Canada To Donate Over 2.5 Billion..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Nov 27, 2015.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Where is the outrage? We have a housing crisis for the poor, crumbling city infrastructure and yet Stephane Dion our new Liberal Foreign Policy Minster commits to this huge cash gift for developing countries so they can combat 'climate change.'

http://ipolitics.ca/2015/11/27/the-...s-climate-change-fund-for-developing-nations/

"In breaking news from the Commonwealth meeting in Malta, Canada has made a five-year, $2.65 billion contribution to help developing countries tackle climate change. Foreign Affairs Minister Stéphane Dion made the announcement Friday at the summit of Commonwealth leaders two days before the international focus shifts to the United Nations COP21 climate change talks begin in Paris."

the mechanic likes this.
  2. Music Critic

Music Critic Guest

Next time I get a letter from Revenue Canada nickle and dimming me on taxes and threatening more fines while informing me of the fines already levied, I should remember that the government is a super hero trying to save the world and I am the villain it is sucking the blood right out of to do so. What really gets me is that the news headline says something like the government of Canada pledged the dollar amount. Or Prime Minister Trudeau's Liberals committed x dollars... Why don't say the people of Canada did it? I have the answer. When you vote for your regional candidate promising to fix the traffic congestion in your area by fighting to get funds for it from Ottawa, you are actually not only not getting that funding, you are going into debt nationally because your ideological Prime minister is going to ignore your needs and suck you dry to fund lofty environmental projects all over the world and you don't even get credit for it because the right honorable prime minister of Canada now has the authority to make decisions on your behalf especially because you have delegated your decision making abilities on your fate to him all along thinking you were going to fix your own little worthless regional problems.

the mechanic likes this.
  3. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

It's like your 8 year old has control over your bank account. You, the adult, scrimps and saves and slaves away sacrificing holidays, education, good food and then bam - your kid takes it and spends $50 000 on lego. Those in power make these ridiculous judgements about what needs huge amounts of money thrown at it and then all the wage slaves go running towards where the money is

the mechanic likes this.
  4. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... the liberals are certainly off to a good start. at least it shows the crown has lots of money, if we can believe this story ...

5. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

And now I see on my twitter feed various Canadian mental health organizations asking for donations so mentally ill youth can have things like therapy manuals etc..

the mechanic likes this.
  6. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... that's something i don't understand, how the crown solicits for donations even though they both produce money internally and by collecting taxes. i see the local fire department begging for money here every year and in vancouver global produces these slick broadwayesque productions asking for money to go towards various hospitals. but we already do fund these institutions through taxation!