Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Bus Driver Amrit Bains - Translink's Pop Sensation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Apr 14, 2015.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Route 99

Dream Transit Operator

From the August 6, 2010 edition of the Buzzer: Amrit Bains: singer!
    Amrit Bains has been driving buses in Vancouver since September 1999—but he’s also a singer in his spare time! Since 2007, he’s released two Punjabi albums in India and a third is on its way by the end of this year. How did you get started in the recording industry? My wife got cancer in 2005, and I wrote a song during that time of struggle. I thought it was uplifting and I wanted to give it to the people. But you can’t have an album with one song, so I recorded more and then sent them to record companies in India. Now, my songs are played all the time, usually on PTC Chakde, a national channel. And also on the TV screens on long route buses, which is a very big thing in India. What do you like the most about making music? When I was a child I sang at school and at functions in my village, and everybody liked my songs very much. So it’s just something God gave me, and I really want to give it to the people, even though for many years I was away from it. But it’s never too late if you can do it. If I’m healthy and energetic and able to do it, then why not? Thanks Amrit! Check out his music at amritbains.com, and say hello to him on the 99 B-Line, where he drives most of his shifts.

[​IMG]