Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Burger CRAVINGS!

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by Superchecker, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Hamburgers... Do you have a favorite??? Do you get cravings from time to time, and just HAVE to have one???

As I get older, I find many places have burgers that are just too big! These 1/3 & 1/2 pounders, or bigger, are just HUGE! I can't eat a whole (full sized) "FatBurger"!

I do enjoy Wendy's more than most for a quick burger...

But for a more enjoyable meal, I do like White Spot and Red Robin from time to time... Sometimes I'll order their "sliders" or mini burgers...

We used to have a local Burger Haven, and they were pretty good.... Drove to the New Westminster one a few years ago, and the food was OK, but the restaurant was a dump!

Lately, I've really been enjoying the Steak Sandwich at Knight & Day! Great value!

2. Bine

Bine Full Member

Burgers in this city are a hit and miss sort of game. I used to always go to the SAVE-ON-MEATS lunch counter in the back for a really good, non-pretentious homemade burger with decent fries. Before it closed down last year you could still get a large bacon cheeseburger with fries for $5.25! It since has reopened next door but it absolutely sucks since the "rockstar" chef took over and went with a hipster vibe. The new place is one of the worst burgers in town. Most of the dedicated burger places suck but in my opinion there are still a few good ones still out there.

- Red Onion on 41rst near West Blvd. in Kerrisdale is very good and reasonably priced. The fries don't suck and the service is good.
    - The Tomahawk BBQ in North Van is a legendary place that makes good homemade large burgers. They bacon they serve on them is to kill for.
    - Splitz on Main is good. Much better than the crap that they serve at Vera's. Unlike Vera's they actually cook the burger properly and don't overcook it to hockey puck status.
    - Romer's on 4th Ave. Very poor and overpriced.
    - Burger Moderne. Overrated, not worth the hype or the price. Still, not a bad burger.
    - Fatburger. Good for a fast-food type of burger but a little pricey at around $9 for take away.
    - BURGER BURGER in New West. By far the best, hole-in-wall cheap burger joint in the Lower Mainland. Very cheap and not pretentious, a basic awesome homemade burger. It is hard to find so I will post the address.

New Westminster
    340 6th St

Be forewarned, Burger Burger is not the Cactus Club, it is a dive with awesome burgers.

3. If you want to try a really good burger, check out the In-n-Out burger on Saturday at the Langley Cruise In. It's something that isn't sold locally and the bonus is you don't have to drive 1500 miles to get one.

4. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I've been disappointed by Vera Burger several times at several locations, but for the past 2 years their Commercial Dr. location has been pretty spot on and perfectly cooked.

The brown dude (sorry, don't know his name) there cooks a mean burger with a juicy delicious patty.

5. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Never tried a burger from Veras yet...

Ricky's offers up 3 "Sliders" for approx $12... Great for sharing! They are pretty meaty... Good food!