Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Bill C-16 Passed Today...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Jun 19, 2017.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Lot's of congratulatory remarks on Twitter from Politicos but no real sense of what the passing of this bill means for Canadians.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Billc16?src=hash

not working as a hyperlink for some reason so copy and paste if you're interested.

It was kept pretty quiet via regular media.

twitter.com/LitigationGuy/status/875567614323441664

compelled speech?

I personally have no problem referring to a Transwoman as she or a Transman as he. A non binary as they? ...i dk........maybe.

2. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

3. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

People need to be careful not to conflate the 'Non Binary' movement which seeks to abolish gender for everyone, with the needs of Trans people who are adamant about the gender that they feel they are versus the gender to which they were born.

How do Trans people feel about the Non Binary movement? Do they feel that gender is an essential part of their identity? ( i think most would strongly say yes. )

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017