Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Discussion BE WARN of Just Energy, Energy Savings, Elecricity and Gas Retailer

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by joeclark, Jul 9, 2017.

1. joeclark

joeclark Junior Member

Hello Guys,

I just wanted to warn everybody on RFD to be careful about signing a contract with this company. I was hit by this scam five years ago when Alberta Energy Savings aka Just Energy or US Energy Savings…etc**. came to my door and signed up a contract with my brother telling him that our Enmax (power provider) contract is going to expire in next 30 days and gave him impression that they are Enmax! They trick people by saying "can we see your current Enmax bill, just want to make sure you are not being overcharged for Electricity and Gas" My brother moved with me a few weeks back so he didn’t know much about the system. By the time I knew it was too late ie over 10 days. My brother isn’t even owner of the property that they made him sign up. We paid almost double the price of what we'd have normally paid.

I’m happy that 5 year long torture is over in next 30 days and I’m moving back with Enmax. I was surprised to see the Just Energy guy showed up and asked me if I wanted to renew the contract! I said NO. I called them today to make sure that they have the information that I don't want to renew the contract and they didn't have any information...WTF!! ARE YOU F’ING SERIOUS!!! I just received a letter for them (again) if I renew my contract, they will give me $25 Tim Hortons gift card.

Thanks

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
    References:
    - http://forums.redflagdeals.com/scam-warn-just-energy-energy-savings-elecricity-gas-retailer-934194/
    - POS System Video Examples.