Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Students BCIT Marine Engineering help!!!

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by Jack, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Jack

Jack Guest

Hello I'm a grade 10 student planning to take Marine Engineering in BCIT? I'm wondering what are the chances of getting into the course and how many students are enrolled there

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I did not know there were 4 year diploma programs. If you don't mind me asking, why Marine Engineering? It's not a typical choice.

To answer your questions, they don't seem to publish information on class sizes. It's crazy that BCIT is so sparse with their program information. According to this, there were 8 people that graduated in 2013 from BCIT Marine Engineering. For BCIT Nautical Sciences, there were 7 people. Since there are no statistics, it's hard to say what your chances are. Are your grades good? My hunch is that the Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) and interest in the field will play huge roles in admission decisions. I went through an MMI for a UBC program and it was not fun.

P.S. this forum might be of interest to you: http://ferriesbc.proboards.com/

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014