Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

BC Hydro Fraud: They're Lying About Smart Meters Being Wireless!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Oct 12, 2011.

1. White

White Guest

Here is a letter you might be interested in sending to your hydro company by registered mail.. Just fill in the parts necessary
    Energy Customer's Name
    Street Address
    City Prov Postal

TO:
    Energy Provider
    Street Address
    City Prov Postal

REGISTERED NOTICE RWXXXXXCA (Get this from the registered mail sticker and type in before you print)
    Date of letter

NOTICE OF NO CONSENT TO TRESPASS AND SURVEILLANCE, NOTICE OF LIABILITY

Dear (Energy Provider) and all agents, officers, employees, contractors and interested parties,

It is my understanding that (Energy Provider) or its agents intend to install a "Smart Meter" at (provide address of installation) which is an activity monitoring device. These types of devices are NOT permitted and present health risks associated with RF transmission but also are a violation of my privacy rights and I am denying consent for the installation of the “Smart Meter”. You and all other parties are hereby denied consent for installation and use of all such device on the above property and installation and use of any activity monitoring device is hereby refused and prohibited. Informed consent is legally required for installation of any surveillance device and any device that will collect and transmit private and personal data to undisclosed and unauthorized parties for undisclosed and unauthorized purposes.

Authorization for sharing of personal and private information may only be given by the originator and subject of that information. That authorization is hereby denied and refused with regard to the above property and all its occupants. "Smart Meters" violate the law and cause endangerment to residents by the following factors:
    1. They individually identify electrical devices inside the home and record when they are operated causing invasion of privacy.
    2. They monitor household activity and occupancy in violation of rights and domestic security.
    3. They transmit wireless signals which may be intercepted by unauthorized and unknown parties. Those signals can be used to monitor behavior and occupancy and they can be used by criminals to aid criminal activity against the occupants.
    4. Data about occupant's daily habits and activities are collected, recorded and stored in permanent databases which are accessed by parties not authorized or invited to know and share that private data.
    5. Those with access to the smart meter databases can review a permanent history of household activities complete with calendar and time-of-day metrics to gain a highly invasive and detailed view of the lives of the occupants.
    6. Those databases may be shared with, or fall into the hands of criminals, blackmailers, law enforcement, private hackers of wireless transmissions, power company employees, and other unidentified parties who may act against the interests of the occupants under metered surveillance.
    7. "Smart Meters" are, by definition, surveillance devices which violate Federal and State wiretapping laws by recording and storing databases of private and personal activities and behaviours without the consent or knowledge of those people who are monitored.
    8. It is possible for example, with analysis of certain "Smart Meter" data, for unauthorized and distant parties to determine medical conditions, sexual activities, and physical locations of persons within the home, vacancy patterns and personal information and habits of the occupants.
    9. Your company has not adequately disclosed the particular recording and transmission capabilities of the smart meter, or the extent of the data that will be recorded, stored and shared, or the purposes to which the data will and will not be put.
    10. These smart meters also are a health risk due to the use of high frequency waves used for the transmission of data, which has been proven to cause cancer and other health related problems.
    11. It has also been proven that these meters are not accurate in some and maybe all cases with electrical usage rates being reported at over twice the normal consumption rate even though the load has not changed.

I forbid, refuse and deny consent of any installation and use of any monitoring, eavesdropping, and surveillance devices on my property, my place of residence and my place of occupancy. That applies to and includes "Smart Meters" and activity monitoring devices of any and all kinds. If such metering devices are installed legal action taken against your company and or removal of such meters without further notice.

I also reserve the right to use an alternative power source to provide my electrical needs without any consent or approval from any government or regulating body.

Any attempt to install any such device directed at me, other inhabitants, guests, my property or residence will constitute trespass, stalking, wiretapping and unlawful surveillance, all prohibited and punishable by law through criminal and civil complaints. All persons, government agencies and private organizations responsible for installing or operating monitoring devices directed at or recording my activities, which I have not specifically authorized in writing, will be fully liable for any violations, intrusions, harm or negative consequences caused or made possible by those devices whether those negative consequences are justified by "law" or not..

This is legal notice. After this delivery the liabilities listed above may not be denied or avoided by parties named and implied in this notice.

Notice to principal is notice to agent and notice to agent is notice to principal. All rights reserved.

Signature

Name of energy user and/or customer

the mechanic likes this.
  2. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

THIS!!!

... exceptional post, guest ...

... the only problem with refusing to allow bc hydro to attend your private property to install equipment such as a smart meter is that they might cancel your electricity account. but if you're prepared for the possibility of having your power cut off then by all means refuse to give 'em access ...

... as i mentioned in this thread, i've had serious problems with bc hydro conducting itself quite illegally on my private property so i went out and purchased a gas-powered electricity generator -- just in case they go to extreme measures!

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Here's some useful information I stumbled across...

4. Igor

Igor Guest

This has to escalate all the way to the court, enough is enough, It is also a crime to commit public fraud

5. milquetoast

6. mission

mission Full Member

7. the mechanic

... the critcism against bc hydro is that the smart meters emit something that is dangerous to your health. mine was installed a couple of months ago and i haven't noticed anything affecting me other than the usual ultrasonic psychic shit that's been going on for years. however, when mine was installed i was told (contrary to the pamphlet i received) that it wasn't yet activated, so when it's activated we'll see what happens ...

... i'm very sensitive and if there are unusual emissions i WILL sense them ...

8. Doyle

Doyle Guest

Can't You deny to BC Hydro the installation of this 'Smart ass meter" at You home...?

9. friendsunited

friendsunited New Member

i was reading something about the new meters also emit radiation?

10. xxshaunxx

xxshaunxx New Member

They just put one on my house without asking :( I made a video of it

11. Carol

Carol Guest

Do You have the right or not to refuse a smart meter installation?

12. the mechanic

... yes you do have the legal right to tell bc hydro that you do not consent to the installation of a smart meter. i don't think the bc government has taken away that basic civil right -- yet ...

13. milquetoast

So, has your hydro bill gone up or down since the smart meters were installed?

14. the mechanic

... it's stayed about the same. however, my smart meter isn't part of the wireless program for some reason ...

15. Ray

Ray Guest

We put a letter on our analog meter stating that we do not want to have the change due to the health risks. about a month after the letter was taped to the meter we received a call from the contractors asking us why we didn't want the meter. With a short explanation as to why we didn't want it, the company rep we talked to basically said thank you for your time and your analog meter will not be changed. Nothing more has come of it and still to this day we have our analog meter. If it ever does get changed I am just going to remove it and report it stolen, and I will keep doing it until they get the point.

16. ghost

ghost New Member

17. the mechanic

... the documentation i received from bc hydro states that the smart meters eliminate on-site reading ...

18. ghost

ghost New Member

I don't believe you. Give us a screenshot showing where it states specifically that smart meters completely eliminate on-site reading.

19. the mechanic

... thank you for your reply ...

... there's no need for me to go to the trouble of posting a scan of the brochure i received from bc hydro ...

... the following bc hydro statement clearly says that the smart meters are being installed for the purpose of allowing bc hydro to gather your electricity usage information wirelessly as opposed to on-site. the following information was lifted directly from bc hydro's website ...

"Question: What will change when my smart meter is installed? In the near future, BC Hydro begin to measure your energy usage remotely, rather than by visiting your property."

... you can see this statement for yourself at this link HERE ...

... however, this is inconsistent with the brochure i received from bc hydro which stated that the change to wireless off-site reading would take place as soon as the meter was installed ...