Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

BC Hydro Fraud: They're Lying About Smart Meters Being Wireless!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Oct 12, 2011.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... i live in the town of powell river, bc. at 8:30 this morning a bc hydro truck drove along my front lawn and up to my front porch and a male bc hydro employee got out of the truck and he walked up onto my front porch. i met the bc hydro employee at the door and he demanded that i identify the address of my house which i did. the bc hydro employee then handed me a smart meter information brochure, informed me that my power would be turned off for a little while, and that he was going to install a smart meter on my home which he did ...

... now, according to a letter i received from bc hydro in the mail, according to bc hydro's own website, and according to the brochure i received from bc hydro today, this new smart meter provides "two-way communications between your meter and bc hydro." and as well, bc hydro says the smart meter's "remote meter connection and reading provides up-to-date billing information" ...

... now here's where this incredibly unbelievable story gets downright nasty. when i asked the bc hydro employee if bc hydro employees would no longer be coming to my house to read the meter i was told that, no, bc hydro employees will still be continuing to read the meter at my house for a period of a further two years. TWO YEARS! i was informed by the bc hydro employee that the reason bc hydro employees will still be reading the meter at my house for another two years is because the smart meter ISN'T CAPABLE of sending information to bc hydro wirelessly and it won't be for another two years ...

... this is blatant consumer fraud being perpetrated by the government of british columbia. according to bc hydro's own documentation, i'm purchasing electricity pursuant to an account that now features a wireless bc hydro smart meter. yet, i've been told by bc hydro that the smart meter isn't functioning and won't be functioning for another two years ...

... it is criminally illegal for bc hydro to charge customers for smart meter technology that isn't functional ...

2. mission

mission Full Member

If it is not capable, why are they investing in these smart meters??

3. the mechanic

... good question and thank you for your astute reply. you're right, none of this makes any sense at all ...

... i've been thinking about this and it's very possible that the bc hydro technician who installed the smart meter at my home is lying about the meter not being wireless-capable at present. it's possible that the smart meter IS in fact currently capable of two-way wireless communication with bc hydro. that's what all of the bc hydro advertising and documentation says ...

... however, as far as on-site reading of the meter at my home by bc hydro meter readers is concerned, the bc hydro technician does seem to be telling the truth about that continuing well into the future. on the last bill i received from bc hydro i was informed that there WILL BE an on-site reading of the wireless smart meter at the end of this month by a bc hydro employee ...

... in terms of crime, bc hydro is guilty of a number of fraud-related criminal offenses by coming to my home to install equipment that doesn't function in the way bc hydro claims it does. the most obvious crime is the canadian criminal code offense of FALSE PRETENCE ...

... all of this bizarre activity is consistent with the actions of a company that engages in outright criminal fraud against its customers ...

4. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

It's part of the new world order. Control. I also believe they are hazardous to our health. With all the wifi and smartmeters now, we are living in a microwave. Television suddenly went all digital. Soon they will put microchips in people.

5. the mechanic

... we're all living in a microwave! funny line :) ...

... as far as the bc hydro smart meters being hazardous to our health, it appears that might be very accurate. i thought nothing of it before my smart meter was installed. but now that it's been proven that bc hydro has no reservations about lying to its customers, it seems that bc hydro is probably lying about the dangers posed by the emissions from their smart meters as well ...

... and if you don't think it's a serious matter that the bc government is lying to us about smart meters, think again. imagine if you were told you were going into a government of bc-operated hospital for a specific surgical procedure and the hospital decided it's no big deal to undertake a completely different surgical procedure on you. the truth does matter and it is very important ...

... that's why the bc government's policy of "lie about absolutely everything" is proving to be its downfall ...

6. 604YVR

604YVR Full Member

This post got weird real quick...

7. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

8. 604YVR

604YVR Full Member

9. the mechanic

... well, apparently it was announced today that the ceo of bc hydro, dave cobb, is quitting. good riddance. maybe they'll consider operating bc hydro like a normal company and not like a corrupt monopoly in the future ...

10. droid

droid Junior Member

BC Hydro is laying off some workers too!

11. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

because BC Hydro's afraid that some of their workers would expose the dangerous truth about their smart meters.

12. mission

mission Full Member

Maybe you are right...

13. the mechanic

... everything discussed in this thread describes a dead crown corporation ...

... since i opened an account with bc hydro in powell river i've had my property invaded by bc hydro, i've had bc hydro vehicles speeding up and down my front lawn, i've been stalked by bc hydro employees around the town, bc hydro has brought armed rcmp goons to my house on at least two occasions, i've been lied to in person by bc hydro and the rcmp, i've been lied to through the mail by bc hydro, i've been told through the mail to contact bc hydro on the phone for absolutely no reason, i've had bc hydro hang up on me when i've attempted to contact them on the phone, i've been lied to on the phone by bc hydro customer services reps, i've had my power turned off, and i actually had bc hydro deny that a power outage had taken place when my power was out ...

... and now i've caught bc hydro lying outright about the two-way communications capability of their smart meters. this company is clearly in trouble ...

14. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

The fact that the information is encrypted is a good thing, which is a common oversight. An example would be the data feeds from US Military Drones which aren't encrypted at all and can be accessed with free software and a receiver (source).

15. the mechanic

... it makes sense that bc hydro would be a totally corrupt no-good sleazy operation on the take. it's a vancouver, bc-based crown corporation for goodness sake! and look who's in charge of policing in vancouver -- NOBODY! chu abdicated his position as chief of police the instant he took the job ...

... let me tell you, they moved the vancouver stock exchange out of vancouver for a very good reason. way too much corruption. the only problem is that when bc hydro collapses, as it appears is going to happen, is that there's no other electricity company to replace it. that in itself represents another failure of the bc government ...

16. 604YVR

604YVR Full Member

17. chickentaco

chickentaco Guest

18. mission

mission Full Member

I hope the kitty is comfortable, otherwise you will be charged with animal cruelty :eek:

19. the mechanic

... lol. funny line. not a happy looking kitty, is it?

... by the way, it has been confirmed that bc hydro IS playing criminal fraud games with its customers ...

... a bc hydro vehicle and an employee attended my private property this morning, presumably to read the wireless smart meter, i didn't ask. let me tell you, it is EXTREMELY FRIGHTENING to be told by bc hydro that a wireless smart meter that no longer requires on-site reading has been installed at my home and to then see bc hydro employees show up two weeks after the installation to read that new wireless smart meter in person ...

20. droid

droid Junior Member

If the meter is smart, why are BC Hydro still sending their employees out to the field?