Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Discussion Avoid XSV360

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by milquetoast, Dec 10, 2011.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

UPDATE - If you've been scammed by XSV360 and still haven't received your money back...

Here is what I would do:
    1. Explain the situation to your credit card company! Hopefully you can still do a chargeback.
    2. Contact RCMP and your local police department.
    3. Contact other scam victims and collectively sue XSV360.

Here is the WHOIS information on xsv360.com:

Henry Badan​
    511 Fox View Place​
    Ottawa, ON K1K 4E1​
    Canada​

Telephone: 1-613-841-8818​

-------------------------------------------------------

A number of group buy companies have offered products from XSV 360 as daily "deals" lately. If you're considering it, AVOID. It's not worth the trouble!

http://www.xsv360.com

They have been found to sell fake items (eg: fake vapur bottles, PNY SD cards). If you google the products that they are selling, you'll find that the price you would pay through Groupon/Wagjag/etc. nets you no savings compared to XSV360's competitors, sometimes you're even paying a premium. Always check with other sites first.

They have constant issues with items not being shipped on time, voucher codes being invalid and defective items (7" Android Tablet, 32 GB SD Card).

Some "Satisifed" Customers :down:
    Fake Vapur Water Bottles - http://forums.redflagdeals.com/fake-vapur-bottles-dealfind-deal-anyone-buy-those-1099012/

Fake PNY 32GB SDHC Class 10 card - http://forums.redflagdeals.com/merged-rfd-group-buy-deal-pny-32gb-sdhc-class10-card-29-99-a-1101621/

7" MID VIA WM8650 Android Tablet - http://www.socialshopper.com/discuss.php?did=1731

In the end SocialShopper did decide to offer refunds for their tablet deal, so kudos to them. Some group buy companies wouldn't be as eager to rectify the situation.

2. ponsuu

ponsuu Guest

3. mission

mission Full Member

Thanks for the info

4. Jöl

Jöl Guest

I received my offer from gaggle.com via a promotion my Canadian Tire Mastercard services. I received the item yesterday which took me two weeks from the time the voucher was closed* to the present.

It came in the regular mail in a box with little more than the tablet, recharger, an 8 page instruction manual and a strange little adapter with 2 usb ports and an RJ11 (network) slot.

The tablet is definitely cheap as the shell is a low quality plastic and the electronics inside aren't exactly aligned. This makes it difficult to correctly insert your sd card as the spaces around the slot allow for displaced insertion.

Despite that, the unit is okay. It is sluggish and probably not good for gamers, but it has decent media functions. The android os is completely functional and other then the fact that you might need to use a stylus for accuracy, it is actually well worth the price (keeping in mind of course that it's in no way an i-pad or motorola).

I feel despite the cheap Chinese knock-off quality, I still got more then what I payed for, or expected for that matter. It's probably worth the wait.

5. Beth

Beth Guest

We recently ordered an Android Tablet through this company's offer on Swarmjam--the tablet is, in my mind, defective, as the touch screen only works about 30% of the time. Repeated e-mails to XSV 360 have gone unanswered and they don't have a number to call. Unfortunately, when we were doing research on this deal, no red flags came up, so we got burned. Hopefully people will see this site and think twice about doing business with this company!

6. Sharon

Sharon Guest

I ordered thru Swarm Jam the 7 in android and the Jelly Sticky Pads I paid $119 and $12 on Swarm Jam and then tried to redeem with the vouchers supplied. You have to put your credit card information and then you are supposed to put your Voucher # and the balance will show $0. Well on the Android the balance never went to 0 but the Pads did. But both amounts went thru my Credit Card. I tried contacting them and they never responded. Swarm Jam have been at least a little more courteous and have offered to reimburse me what I paid them. I have returned all items and waiting to hear...not holding my breath.

7. Toaster

Toaster Guest

Gotta say....XSV360 has the perfect customer service attitude. They simply don't reply. No fuss, no muss, no assistance. You buy it.....it's yours.

8. LtLd

LtLd Guest

STAY AWAY from XSV360! They will rip you off. Received two defective android pads and sne them back fo ra refund. Now a month later no pads, no contact. I guess I have to learn the hard way but you dont!

9. sharx8

sharx8 Guest

If you value your money, do not under any circumstances have anything to do with XSV 360. I purchased 2 sets of Ipod headphones with volume control and microphone back in November for $22 each. I thought it would be a great deal. I was oh so wrong. Two months after ordering and still without the headphones I tried calling them directly. Guess what? No way to speak to a live person or leave a message, only send us an email and we will get back to you in 48 hours. Yah, right! No one from this supposed company has ever returned a single email I have sent. When I finally did receive the headphones in late january, they were the standard Ipod headphones, no volume, no mic, no different than the ones I already have!
    I have tried repeatedly to contact them to no avail and have the folks at Dealfind try to get hold of them with no responses whatsoever. I had to pay to ship them back out of my pocket and will only see a refund of what I spent on the deal, nothing for my time, aggravation, for my paying to ship the wrong headphones back, squat-diddly.
    I have been left with a very bitter taste and all I can hope is that some of you out there will heed my warning and not get burned the way I have.
    QSV 360 since you are already morally bankrupt, I can only hope you will soon be financially as well.

10. visitor

visitor Guest

In order to avoid XSV360, you should really be wary of Dealfind and a few other dubious services that offer special deals. It appears that Dealfind is closely linked to XSV360 and that they frequently promote the offerings of this disgusting company. Watch your step out there! Once XSV360 has your money, they become unreachable.

11. toaster

toaster Guest

XSV360 is closing down. (announced on their website). There is justice after all. Internet retailers everywhere should throw a party to celebrate

12. Tara

Tara Guest

I was wondering if anyone purchased the 32 GB memory card from XSV? And if you were able to access the photos after you used it?

13. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

^If I recall correctly, many people weren't able to access their photos because it wasn't actually a 32GB memory card (they received error messages).

Doesn't seem like a reason to celebrate. It was probably part of their plan...

1. Set up phony online store front for defective/counterfeit products you may or may not have
    2. Partner with groupon-type companies to disguise sketch factor
    3. Ignore customer support requests and pull the old disappearing act
    4. ???
    5. Profit :sneaky:

Be wary when buying group buy deals without storefronts, a lot of companies appear to be following the "XSV360" business model.

I was lucky enough to get my money back, but those that didn't should act ASAP. Go directly to your credit card company and issue a chargeback. If the group buy company has not issued a refund by now, they are likely stringing you along until you are out of options.

Here is what I would do:
    1. Explain the situation to your credit card company!
    2. Contact RCMP/VPD
    3. Contact other scam victims and collectively sue XSV360.

Here is the WHOIS information on xsv360.com:

Henry Badan
    511 Fox View Place (huge house, probably paid for it through fraud)
    Ottawa, ON K1K 4E1
    Canada

1-613-841-8818
    [email protected]

14. Teresa

Teresa Guest

I bought a WagJag deal with XSV360 six months ago and have never received my item or got a refund. I keep sending Henry Badaan of XSV360 emails and I finally got a response 3 months ago saying he would reship my order. But again I never received it. I got a phone number from WagJag and tried phoning Henry. I left a message on an answering machine but their outgoing message had a different company name. This person/company seems to be scamming some people. I am afraid to order anything else from a WagJag type website. Its not their fault but the people they dealt with.
    Class action lawsuit sounds good.

15. Guy

Guy Guest

Henry Badaan owns several websites and is known for this kind of behaviour. The numbers are VOIP numbers and not connected to Bell:

Dealexcellence.com
    ActionGearCanada.com
    YourBeautyDepot.com
    GaggleGadgets.com
    FillMyFantasy.com

I would strongly recommend calling the Ottawa police to report it. Their phone number is 613-236-1222. They will likely dispatch a squad car to talk to Henry if 2 or 3 people file complaints against the same person. If complaints persist, they may well file charges.

The office is indeed at Canotek Road, though they have changed their sign to read DealExcellence.com, last time I drove by. It's them.

16. Lousie

Lousie Guest

NEVER EVER BUY from XSV 360!!! I purchased some similar products through Wagjag and it asked me to visit www.xsv360.com to redeem my product however that website link does not work.. it has been over 6 months and I still have not seen number to call or reply. I will send Wagjag about this again.