Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Are Canadians Racism?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maple leaf, Jul 16, 2015.

1. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

2. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

3. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

4. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... no we're not racist and its an insult to our nation to suggest we are!

5. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

No, it is not an insult as such. There has always been a core of racist attitude in Canada. What has made Canadians really different from Americans is their attitude toward violence. Canada advertises itself as a land of peace and tolerance, and there is a lot of truth to that. But when the racist element does show up, it can often be nasty.

It needs also be emphasized that not all complaints by white Canadians are necessarily cheap bigotry. Some are justified. There are educated whites who would be fine accepting someone like me. But when immigrants do criminal or corrupt things, bring dirty ways, don't bother to learn the language, locals have every right to get angry. Or if they become a burden on the welfare state and the taxpayer.

I get very angry about white racism, but I always tell other people of color: "Evil is a two-way street." They key is to sit down and talk as long as debate is kept civil. Only by reasoning together can we develop common ground.

Bine likes this.
  6. Bine

Bine Full Member

You often bring up debate but you never go to the extent that others do on other forums by resorting to curses and insults. On other forums like Blue Forum and MemeVan insult and and derision are the first course in a banquet of anger. On this forum debate can flourish. The MemeVan forum is better now that all the trollers have left for Blue Forum.

7. Vivek Golikeri

Thank you for the kind words. On this forum the mods put a stop to abuse, so there is no need to waste time and energy fighting off attacks. It's the difference between the Canadian frontier where the Mounties kept order, and the American Wild West where a man had to carry a gun. That is why I stopped posting on Memebee, because some of those posters are malicious or underhanded slime who, quite frankly, deserve to be shot.

I debate with ladies and gentlemen. I do not get into the ring with subhuman wretches.

8. aboleth_lich

aboleth_lich Junior Member

Like most other nations, Canada certainly does have a rather dark history with regards to racism and racist policies.

However, in present day terms: I like to think that Canada has much less of a problem with racism than other nations--including the USA and Europe.

Vivek Golikeri likes this.
  9. Vivek Golikeri

Oh, today's Canada is an angel by international standards. In fact, sometimes I think they are too generous. They often let in persons who refuse to integrate, learn the language, bring dirty ways. Multiculturalism has its limits. If people don't accept western standards.....bye-bye! No room at the inn.

10. Bine

Bine Full Member

Are you thinking of posting on MemeVanForum? the Blue Forum is terrible and full of the old racists from teh old Meme from before. The new MemeVan Forum has banned a lot of posters and have merged into an American political forum. I am there as "Matt Smith".

11. Vivek Golikeri

No, because some of the degenerates who made a high sport out of maligning me are still there. The mods allow them to get away with it. That forum is beneath contempt.

12. Bine

Bine Full Member

I understand not wanting to go there if the trollers that maligned you are still around. I am happy that the rocktroller, ghost, dice, bruce, RW and rotwing are gone.

13. the mechanic

... look what the the american has to say about canadians. quite the diplomat ain't he? henry kissinger could learn a thing or two from this one ...

14. Vivek Golikeri

I am neither a diplomat nor a troll. I am a truth-talker. However, so long as the other party is not rude or hostile, I prefer to package candid views in robes of civility and research, not name-calling or provocation.

15. the mechanic

... is this more of your "truth"? telling us that people who post on message boards should be EXECUTED???

... bull! it's not the truth, it's a lie! just like your claim that i and all my fellow canadians are racists!

16. Vivek Golikeri

It was just a figure of speech, silly boy! Not to be taken literally. You seem to have emotional issues, going off the handle the moment another poster says something that is not your cup of tea. And I never, never said that all your fellow Canadians are racists. I said that Canada ---- like any country ---- has some racists IN it. Mechanic, you need to calm down and take a few deep breaths.

17. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member