Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Technology Apple Student Discounts - iPad and Macs

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by milquetoast, Jun 13, 2012.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

No free iPod this year with the university/college deal, but it's better than nothing :sad:.

http://store.apple.com/ca/browse/campaigns/back_to_school

Buy a Mac for university and receive a $100 Back to School Gift Card to use on apps, books, music and movies on top of Apple Education Pricing.

Buy the new iPad and get a $50 Back to School Gift Card

The Back to School Gift Card can be used to download apps, music, books and more from the Mac App Store, the iTunes Store, the iBookstore and the App Store.

Excludes: Mac Mini, iPad 2 & Refurbished Items

Who qualifies? College student, parent buying for a college student or faculty and staff from any grade level.

2. ema

ema Full Member

Mm, they stopped the free iPod last year. So glad I bought my macbook a year before!

If you go to the UBC Bookstore, you get better student pricing. I think the Apple Store is still doing a mail-in rebate for printers up to $100, if so, grab their $99 Canon All in one printer (which means FREE!). I got that printer with my iMac and it's better than any HP all in one printer crap I bought.

But seriously, wtf do I need from the app store? ..they just realized how quick their products were selling that they really don't need to give an incentive.

3. Sherwin

Sherwin New Member

Interesting, I didn't get the $100 but they did give me a free printer when I bought my Mac