Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Finances & Real Estate Anyone using Thrive (justthrive.com) over Mint for Canadian accounts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Sep 9, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I'm getting impatient with Mint's slow Canadian launch (see this thread). It works fine with the Big 5 (BMO, CIBC, TD, Scotiabank, RBC) but they are slow to add other banks and credit unions. I've noticed they added Coast Capital though, which is good for British Columbians.

They recently added ING Direct Canada and HSBC Canada, but everyone is having issues adding their accounts and Mint is slow to fix the issues. AFAIK, HSBC Canada has been fixed and ING has only been half fixed. Moreover, they don't seem to have any plans of adding MBNA Canada which makes the service useless to me (and I'm sure many others).

Thrive (http://www.justthrive.com/) on the other hand has support for the Big 5, MBNA Canada and ING, but not for HSBC Canada.

Edit: Okay maybe not, just tried adding accounts to Thrive and they all come back with an error. I hope the incompatibility with all of these Canadian banking websites is a sign of better security? :p

Anyone use both Thrive and Mint and has an opinion on which interface they prefer?