Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Arts & Culture Any writers on here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Just_Jenny, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Just_Jenny

Just_Jenny Guest

As a budding novelist, I wonder if there's anyone on this forum who is also interested in writing: novels, poetry or even travel writing.

2. MooGooMouse

MooGooMouse Junior Member

I know someone in the US who's a struggling writer. I can put you in touch with him.

3. Just_Jenny

Just_Jenny Guest

Thanks for the offer. Is he on forums like this one? Really I'm just happy chatting to people online and sharing anecdotes etc. I was also hoping to discover Canadian writers, as I haven't had any luck coming across particular writing groups or forums. any ideas?

4. MooGooMouse

MooGooMouse Junior Member

You could Google Canadian writers groups.

5. Just_Jenny

Just_Jenny Guest

All very official looking groups that came up, but thanks for the suggestion. :)

6. kelly22

kelly22 Junior Member

Personally, I like novels, especially historical novels. On the other hand, poetry is not my cup of tea.

7. Jakob

Jakob Guest

I'm just starting out myself. Recently, I submitted 2 short stories to the Quebec Writer's Association which sponsored a writing contest. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, I didn't win any prize. In any case, a writing contest does not necessarily indicate talent; just striking the right cord with the judges. :)

8. PorterPromoter

PorterPromoter New Member

The Westend Writers Club meets downtown. You can google them and check it out!

9. KelleyWebb

KelleyWebb New Member

One of my friends has been started her carrier as an English copy writer, she is editing a book there days for the Australian guy. So If you like her I can introduce.

10. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

I am a writer and a poet. For a few years I have been working on a novel. Because it is not yet completed and copyrighted, I will not say here what it is about.