Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Any cheap chinese food like Chinatown's Kent's Kitchen?

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by Bill, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Bill

Bill Full Member

Is there any cheap Chinese food like Chinatown's Kent Kitchen in the Metrotown, Burquitlam, New Westminster area?

There are plenty of Chinese restaurants but no one in Greater Vancouver beats Kent's Kitchen. You get cheap, super big helpings and delicious Chinese food at Kent's Kitchen.

Here are a few reviews of Kent's Kitchen: UrbanSpoon and Yelp

Please reply if you know any cheap grab-and-go Chinese food in the Metrotown, Burquitlam, New Westminster area.

2. bill barilko

bill barilko Full Member

No I can only think of the Public Market in Richmond-up stairs food court.

3. I just had Kent's Kitchen for dinner tonight. I know of a few, but they are in Vancouver. In Metrotown they have the similar grab-and-go Chinese food at the T+T Supermarket on the lower floor underneath Target. Also, they have grab-and-go Chinese food at Price Smart foods (they have it in their Richmond and Vancouver stores. Never been to the ones in your area.). They also have it at H Mart by Lougheed Mall, but it's more Korean style.

4. Bill

Bill Full Member

Yes, the Public Market in Richmond-up stairs food court are cheap eats! Between the 2, I prefer Kent's Kitchen, in terms of quantity and taste.

5. Bill

Bill Full Member

I've been to the T&T at Metrotown. They don't seems to have tofu. I always get the tofu at Kent's. Never been to the H Mart at Lougheed Mall, will check that one out.

6. lenkov

lenkov Junior Member

T&T chinese take out is all bones. They used to have pork chops but do not see it anymore. The meat options are all bones at T&T. Kent's Kitchen is still the best.

7. Bine

Bine Full Member

There is a place kind of like Kent's on Davie across from the old Super-Value. I think it called Ho-ho or something. It is not that great compared to Kent's but what do you expect for less than $5.

Is Kent's still $4.75 for two dishes?

8. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Locally: we have a Kung Fu Panda place... They are pretty good...
    You can get any 3 items for $7.95 or any 4 items for $9.95...

In Richmond there is a little place on Viking Way called Donna's Cafe, (Open breakfast & lunch only) and on Tuesdays only she whips up a mean Sweet & Sour Pork combo, with Rice & Chow Mein, for $7.50!
    Wednesdays only is a S & S Chicken Ball combo, also $7.50...