Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Air Conditioning on Public Transit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Superchecker, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

The SeaBus service and the 3 SkyTrain lines are Air Conditioned...

The drivers area of the smaller community shuttle buses are also A/C equipped...

BUT most bus routes are NOT Air conditioned...

The highway style Orion buses ARE Air conditioned, so routes such as #301, 311, 351, 352, 354, 394, 555, 601, 602, 603, 604, 606 & 608 (and some C#92's) are usually air conditioned equipped buses...

West Vancouver has just started using their new New Flyer 40 foot Xcelsior buses which ARE A/C equipped. So you might enjoy cooler buses on some of the #250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257 & 258 routes...
    Also, the newest 25- 60 foot long articulated buses are also A/C equipped, so some #49, 403, 480 & the occasional #620 trips will also enjoy A/C equipped buses...

2. van7

van7 Junior Member

I hope those A/Cs do not come with a fee hike in the future.......

3. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Fares went up January 1... And I believe the next scheduled fare increase is January 1 2016... (Every 3 years)...

I think that the company has now been instructed to only buy A/C equipped vehicles, after an Industrial investigation into just how warm it does get inside buses...

We've had the highway Orions for over 10 years now...