Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Arts & Culture Abstract art vs a child's painting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Mar 15, 2011.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I'm actually not that convinced the results are as meaningful as the researchers think. I wouldn't be surprised if the perceived quality is largely a reflection of the neater and refined the brush strokes in the artist's work.

[​IMG]

2. Klues

Klues New Member

huh... Before I read which was which, I thought the one on the right was by the 4 year old. It seems somehow less significant. Cool study :)

3. Matt

Matt Guest

60-70% of the time people could tell the difference? Huh. Know what percentage of people can tell the difference between a kid's work and, let's say, Salvador Dali? You know, real art? 100%. Same with Van Gogh. And Da Vinci. Or really, any other person with artistic talent. You wouldn't bang randomly on a piano and call it music. Why is art held to such a lower standard?

4. 604YVR

604YVR Full Member

I like the kid's painting.

5. 6u-huo.l.uV

6u-huo.l.uV Moderator Staff Member

"ram dam twelve
    sizzle mop
    crunch down
    safety net
    hot, hot, hot void"