Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

A Life In Chronic Pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Feb 22, 2015.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Daily Mail article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...artbreaking-story-drove-daughter-suicide.html

"
    Diagnosed with severe endometriosis at 16 after suffering crippling period pains, Julia was given hormonal medication so powerful it induced a 'mock menopause'.

David said: 'Because of her terrible endometriosis when she was a teenager, she often missed out on fun nights out with her friends, relationships were impossible and the pain impacted hugely upon her education.'

Despite missing huge chunks of her education because of it, she was overjoyed to secure a job with a local charity at the age of 28.

Writing on the charity's website before her death, Julia said: 'I was so proud to finally be working full time and enjoying life, my symptoms became manageable and I returned to work and got my very own first home.'

But in July 2005 she was involved in a car accident – and, unbeknown to her at this point, she would be in pain every day for the rest of her life."

2. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

In newly released movie 'Cake' , Jennifer Aniston portrays a woman living in chronic pain

http://variety.com/2014/film/reviews/toronto-film-review-cake-1201301547/

"Approaching such heavy issues as suicide, grief, separation and pill addiction with a disarming sense of humor, director Daniel Barnz and screenwriter Patrick Tobin attempt to pull off an emotional bait-and-switch by suddenly revealing a more sympathetic side to their anti-heroine, falling back on one of the hoariest and most overused of movie cliches in the process"

3. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

4. lktailor

lktailor New Member

Hello,
    Yes I read this article and it a was really heartbreaking :(