Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

$15 minimum wage in BC

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by Livable Wage, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Livable Wage

Livable Wage Guest

We think it's time to address income inequality in BC. It's time to increase the minimum wage to $15!

It's been 2 and a half years since minimum wage workers received a wage. At $10.25 an hour, BC's minimum wage is one of the lowest in Canada. As the cost of living continues to climb, workers who make minimum wage cannot make ends meet.

At the BC Federation of Labour, we believe that works should lift you out of poverty. It's time for the British Columbian Government to increase the minimum wage so that nobody is left behind.

Help for fight for $15/hour. It's only fair!

Find out how you can help by visiting us at http://www.fightfor15bc.ca/

2. Henry

Henry Junior Member

Interesting topic of debate... What about those who worked up to earning over $15/hour already?

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

@Henry, they will become minimum wage workers. I haven't looked in depth into the pros and cons of raising the minimum wage but I remember learning in my economics course that it wasn't a good idea. However, real world and economic theory are often very different.

4. Henry

Henry Junior Member

Haha I've read up on it as well and as much as I would like everyone to earn fair wages, I don't see a probable solution that won't cause havoc.