Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

100 sled dogs shot by Outdoor Adventures Whistler when B.C. tour business slowed post olympics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Jan 31, 2011.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

WHISTLER, B.C.— The RCMP and the B.C. SPCA are now investigating the slaughter of about 100 sled dogs in Whistler, B.C., an incident the SPCA called “an absolute massacre.” The SPCA’s Marcie Moriarty says the description of the April 2010 incident is an “absolutely criminal code offence.”

Staff. Sgt. Steve LeClair, of Whistler RCMP, confirmed his detachment has opened a file, but the primary investigator on the case will be the SPCA. Documents obtained by CKNW radio reveal about 100 healthy sled dogs were killed in a mass slaughter in Whistler last April 21 and 23.

According to the WorkSafe B.C. documents obtained by the station, an employee of Outdoor Adventures Whistler has been compensated for post-traumatic stress disorder after being ordered to shoot the animals.

The documents reveal bookings for dog sled tours collapsed after the Olympics and when the company could not find homes for its animals, it ordered the cull.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...t-when-b-c-tour-business-slows-after-olympics

2. josh

josh Guest

i found this on craigslist, not sure if it's true.
    check out this youtube video they have up, i hope everybody boycotts this company!!

3. milquetoast

“What is extremely upsetting is to read what he described - some of them requiring multiple shots, his having to slit their throats, dogs faces being blown off and they were still running around, dogs that he thought had been dead, that he put in what he described as a mass grave and he looks back and sees her trying to climb out.” Ms. Moriarty said.

4. Why Gotta Be

Why Gotta Be Junior Member

Utterly disturbing and sick. I've actually met the Manager of Operations a few times for the company in question. A strange guy but I didn't think he could ever be a part of something like this. Guess we'll see how it all unfolds. This isn't going away anytime soon.
    - source

5. if you think that that is the correct phone number for the dog killer you're wrong. This is my families home phone number, you call it and decide to bitch at us the response will not be polite. Don't post facts unless you know they're true you moron ^. DONT CALL THAT NUMBER IT IS INCORRECT. We have no relations or anything to do with the scumbag dog killer. thanks again

6. Forum Vancouver

Forum Vancouver Administrator Staff Member

Number will be removed, thanks.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there are 100,000 cows slaughtered everyday for food and i don't hear any public outcry, what's different here?

8. milquetoast

"Documents show at least one dog had its eye hanging out of the socket after surviving being shot in the face. The canines panicked as they watched the others being killed, and some tried to attack the worker." FFFFFFFFF.